Information Collected Automatically
When a user browses or downloads information during a visit to PSOPPC website, information will be collected and stored. This information is the standard data collected by all Web server software. The collected information includes:
- The user's Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used for the user's connection (but not the user's email address)
- The user's type of browser and operating system used
- The date and time the site was visited
- The Web pages or services accessed
- The website visited prior to accessing the PSOPPC website (Note: This information allows for summary analysis regarding how visitors arrive to the PSOPPC website, Examples include but are not limited to from a search engine, or from a link on another site)
The individual user navigation choices are not tracked. However, the information listed above is summarized to determine:
- Types of browsers being used to access the PSOPPC website to ensure the site pages are developed for compatibility (item 2 above)
- How often the PSOPPC pages are being visited (item 4 above)
- The traffic from organization names such as search engines that direct people to the site (item 5 above)
When a website is visited, a user's Web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize the user's computer in the future. This is not the case with the PSOPPC website. Only non-persistent cookies or "per-session cookies" are used. These cookies do not collect personal information and are erased as soon as user leaves the website.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through the PSOPPC website. These cookies do not permanently record data and are not stored on the hard drive of the user's computer. Per-session cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once the user closes the browser, temporary cookie files will be deleted.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is not collected on this site for any purpose other than to respond to users. When users choose to provide with personal information (i.e. filling out a Contact Us form, with an email address, and submitting it through the Web that information will be used to respond to messages, and requests for assistance.
Links to Other websites
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- United States Health Information Knowledgebase (USHIK)
The PSOPPC website contains several layers of security. Any data that comes or leaves the computer through the PSOPPC website is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Encryption is the process of scrambling the contents of a file to render it unreadable. This double encryption follows the data from the user's computer to the application server to the database where it is stored in its protected state. The data remains on the PSOPPC database until it is accessed by its intended recipient, at which time it is automatically decrypted or unscrambled. Systems of records electronically submitted information is maintained and destroyed according to the principles of the Federal Records Act and regulations and guidance from the National Archives and Records Administration. In some cases this data may be subject to the Privacy Act. If information submitted by a user is intended to be used in a Privacy Act system or records, a Privacy Act Notice will be provided.